EM KIDS’ CLUB ON BREAK UNTIL 1 MARCH
Following advice to schools by Taiwan’s Ministry of Education, the EM Kid’s Club will stay on break for the whole of February to reduce risks from the coronavirus. Kids’ Club will restart on 1 March, but we will continue to monitor the situation and follow the government’s advice. Thanks to all our families for your understanding.
LENTEN COURSE: “GROWING IN FAITH”
Lent is the period of 40 weekdays that lead us to Easter, and a time when we think on Christ’s suffering, death, and resurrection. During Lent, Ps. Lakkis will lead a 6-session course examining each part of the Lord’s Prayer and the practical ways it can deepen our faith during Lent. Date/time: Sundays, 12:30–14:30, from 23 Feb–5 Apr (no class 15 Mar). Please sign up at the Welcome Table or send an email to EM Secretary Yvette at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in becoming a member of the EM? If so, please leave your details at the Welcome Table. A new membership class will be starting soon for all people interested.
SMALL GROUP NEWS
– “SCC” Fellowship Group (Every 1st and 4th Sundays after the service, Rm 702);
– “Young Professionals Group“ (Fridays, 7:30 pm, Rm 702).
– AA Women’s Group meets Mondays, 7:00 pm, Rm 702. For details,
call 0976-572-312 or contact EM Secretary Yvette at: email@example.com
– AA Open Meeting “Upon Awakening” meets Tuesdays 9:00 am, Rm 1101. For details call Dan 0909-730-809
Bible Verse for the Week
1 John 3:8b
“The Son of God was revealed for this purpose:
to destroy the works of the devil.”
During Lent, we journey with Jesus towards the cross and look forward to the joy of resurrection and new life.
To encourage you during your Lenten journey, you can download a free copy of the 2020 Lenten devotional, “Becoming a Beloved Community”, published by PCUSA. It includes Bible readings and reflections for each day of Lent, and is available in English and Chinese:
Updated Coronavirus Guidelines for Worshipping in the EM in March
I would like to thank everyone for being so considerate over the last month, helping to reduce risks during this coronavirus outbreak. By working together and caring for one another we can continue to limit the risks of infection. As before, there is no need for panic. But we will keep some precautions in place during March to help everyone stay safe and healthy. Please note the following updates:
1. Following medical advice as well as guidance from Taiwan’s ministries of health and education, the EM Kids’ Club will restart in March. We ask parents to make sure they and their children each have a face mask for class.
2. Tea, coffee and snacks service after Sunday worship will stay paused during March.
3. All SLPC communion services will also be paused during March.
On Sunday mornings, all people entering the building will have their temperatures checked and hands cleansed with alcohol-based spray. As before, we encourage people to continue caring for their health by following the earlier guidelines:
– Please wear a face mask to church (please bring your own), and wash or disinfect your hands regularly.
– If you have flu symptoms or fever, please do not come to church. Contact your doctor for advice.
– If you have recently arrived in Taiwan by travelling from or transiting through a high risk area, please be sure to follow government guidelines.
We will keep monitoring the situation and revise these guidelines as needed. Thanks again to everyone for working together to keep our community safe!